When you think of orthodontics, you probably think of metal braces and elastic bands. Orthodontic treatment has progressed from traditional metal braces to include clear removable straighteners, one of which is Invisalign®. Our team at Wright Orthodontics is pleased to offer Invisalign in Batavia, Illinois.
Invisalign aligners are comprised of polyurethane plastic that is nearly invisible. While braces are bonded to the teeth, your clear aligners are completely removable, and can be taken out for eating, brushing and flossing, and social events. However, we advise you to not remove your aligners frequently, or else they cannot benefit your teeth.
Advantages of Invisalign include:
- Enhanced oral hygiene: Because Invisalign aligners are removable, they will not complicate your oral care routine.
- Discreet appearance: Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible, making them ideal for patients who do not like the look of metal braces.
- No food restrictions: You can still eat all your favorite foods, even hard and sticky foods that do not pair well with braces.
- Comfort: Invisalign is made of a flexible, soft material that does not irritate the soft tissues of the mouth.
- Bruxism protection: Aligners can also act as a cushion to protect your teeth if you suffer from teeth grinding or clenching.
Each set of aligners is worn for 2 weeks and for a minimum of 20 hours a day, and then progress to the next set of aligners. Built-in eruption tabs maintain the appropriate amount of space for any molars that have not fully erupted.
Invisalign Treatment & Oral Care Invisalign aligners should be removed daily to be cleaned with a toothbrush and rinsed in lukewarm water. Brush your teeth after each meal before slipping your aligners back on so that food does not become trapped in your aligners. Wear your aligners as recommended by Dr. Randy Wright to achieve optimal results.
If you have further questions about receiving Invisalign in Batavia, Illinois, we can be reached at 630-208-1200. Contact our office to make your appointment with our orthodontist today!